When you think about various beauty parameters lips is not an exception. Lips are the very small, delicate facial body parts and they contribute in the prettiest thing ever that is nothing but your smile. Your smile is defined not only with your shiny white teeth but also with your red or pink glowing and healthy lips. As mentioned earlier, the lips are very delicate, the reason being they don’t have its own protection mechanism. This requires extra care and attention to lips health. Lips can undergo various conditions which are treated with various beauty products or alternative remedies. In this article, you will be introduced to various home remedies which can work out for your lip care and beauty.
Chapped and pigmented lips are kinds of lip problems. Following lip care options are useful for these problems.
- You can prepare a strawberry lip mask using strawberry crush, honey, and olive oil. This mixture can be applied on the lips for 10 minutes. Strawberry is a rich source of vitamin C and also good as an antioxidant, honey helps to hydrate your lips and olive oil nourishes your lips.
- Another simple mask to treat flaky and pigmented lips is prepared using glycerin and lemon. Glycerin is a natural hydrating agent and lemon is well-known for its lightening properties. After mixing them together, you can store it in a refrigerator for a whole week and you can apply it daily.
- You can overcome the pigmented and darkened lips using this simple procedure. You just require rose petals and milk to prepare this mask. You have to soak rose petals in milk overnight. In the morning, mash the rose petals and add a few drops of milk to prepare the paste with good consistency. You can apply this paste for 15 minutes on your lips. This is a very mild and gentle remedy and can contribute to your rosy pink lips.
- Pomegranate, one of the fruits, is a powerhouse with outstanding health benefits for various conditions. We are suggesting one mask using this fruit and cold milk cream. Pomegranate works as an excellent exfoliating agent. It also works on lip lightening and reducing the pigmentation. You have to mix crushed seeds of a pomegranate and the cold milk cream to form a paste. You can apply this paste on the lips for a few minutes. Regular use of this mask will definitely work on lips pigmentation and discoloration problems.
Dry and rough lips are another problem commonly observed with lips. It is more common in dry weather and winter season. Here are simple home remedies for dry lips.
- Application of coconut oil provides instant hydration to dry lips.
- Use of fresh aloe vera gel is worthwhile to your rough and sore lips. It is also effective as a soothing, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent on the lips.
The above-mentioned home remedies for lip care will surely benefit you.